Easier to Apply for Vietnam Work Permit for Foreign English Teachers

Vietnam Work Permit for Foreign English Teachers
10 Nov 2018

According to Decree No. 11/2016/QĐ-CP, there are some categories under which foreigners can apply for a work permit, and they include:

1. Foreign workers being reassigned in the company

2. Volunteers

3. Specialists

4. Managers and chief executive officers

5. Technicians

And the Teaching position is listed on “Specialists” group.

According to Decree no. 11/2016/QĐ-CP, an expert means a foreign worker who:

a) Has a document certifying that he/she is an expert of an overseas agency, organization or enterprise; or

b) Has a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and certificate provided that he/she has worked at least 03 years in his/her training field in corresponding with the job position that he/she shall be appointed in Vietnam.

However, for case of teaching in foreign language centers, kindergartens and compulsory education establishments, there are two more official letters signed by Deputy Prime Minister – Vu Duc Dam on April 12th, 2014 and August 19th, 2016.

Under Official letter No. 619/TTG-KGVX dated April 12th, 2016, the Prime Minister has agreed on the grant of work permit to foreigners who possess a college diploma or higher degree and undergo the training profession which is suitable for teaching requirements at foreign language training facilities (foreign language centers), preschool education institutions.

Accordingly, the foreigners who apply for the work permit to teach at foreign language centers, preschool education institutions are required to have college diploma or higher degree and have training profession suitable for teaching requirements instead of having to meet the conditions on having university degree or the equivalent and having at least 03 years of working experience under point b Clause 3 Article 3 of Decree No. 11/2016/ND-CP.

Under Official letter No. 1493/TTG-KGVX dated August 19th, 2016, the Prime Minister has agreed on the case of granting work permit to foreign teacher who possesses at least a pedagogy Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent (possessing a Bachelor’s degree and a pedagogy certificate or possessing a teaching certificate in the compulsory education) to teach at compulsory education establishments.

At present, procedures for Vietnam Work Permit for teaching position are easier which will help you to obtain a work permit in order to legally work in Vietnam.

So if you have any question and need our support, please don’t hesitate to contact Vietnam-legal.com.


Address: 2th Floor, no 95 Cau Giay street, Cau Giay district, Hanoi, Vietnam

Tel: (+84) 4 35626100

Hotline: (+84) 988297732

Email: [email protected]

Website: Vietnam-legal.com


Vietnam Legal

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>